I saw this project on Pinterest, in English, to teach children months and seasons. I adapted it for the Serbian language. It really is pretty cool. We put it on our refrigerator and my kids are always look at it. It is quite simple to make. My 4 year old and I did this together.
1 paper plate
construction paper (we used: white, yellow, red, green, brown, orange, pink)
hot glue gun
paper fastener that allows movement
This sheet for cyrillic and latin words Serbian months season day
1. Prep your trees for each season. Fall / Jesen: cut a brown trunk, orange tree top, and falling leaves in red, yellow, orange. I just cut small almond shapes. Winter / Zima: Cut a brown trunk with branches. With whole puncher, punch a few white wholes for the snow. Spring / Prolece: cut a brown truck and green tree top. Using which ever colors you prefer cut small flowers. Use the whole puncher to punch out circles for the center. Summer / Leto: Cut a brown trunk and green tree top. Punch out red circles for apples. (Note: you don’t have to use the construction paper. You can draw and color the trees on also).
2. Using which ever color construction paper you want, cut an arrow about 2″ long. On the arrow, use your marker to write godisna doba.
3. Divide the center of your paper plate into 4 quarters. Use the ruler for measurement and straight lines. Close in the center circle with your marker. On the outer plate with the ridges you will add the months. Divide those into 12 equal sections. See above photo for placement of lines, as some months fall into two seasons. Write in the months. Color as desired.
4. Use the glue stick to attach the trees to the corresponding season. Pull off a small portion of the cotton ball. Stretch out and fluff. Glue onto the winter / zima season for snow. See photo above for placement of trees. Write in the season.
5. Cut a semi-circle, in which ever color construction paper you choose, and write Mesec on it. Apply glue to the bottom front half of the paper and attach it to the back of the plate with the word in view.
6. Cut a small whole in the very center of the plate, where the 4 seasons lines come together. Put your godisna doba arrow over it and push the paper fastener through it.
7. Optional: (Magnets) Hot glue the magnets to the back, if you want to put it on your refrigerator like we did.