It’s never been so easy to learn the time in another language. The AMAZING all-in-one chart for Telling Time in Serbian! It’s the only chart you’ll need and it’s FREE! No more books, apps, websites, or searching. You found it! Just this…
Give your Majka (Mother) the sweetest note for Mother’s Day. Here is a FREE sheet written in Serbian to share with your mom. No card necessary. The Mother’s Day Sheet IS the perfect card. She’ll love it!
Here is a great project to learn the days of the week in any language. It is fast, easy, and effective. Here we are learning them in Serbian.
2 paper plates
crayon, markers, or colored pencils
Vocabulary List : Serbian months season day.
1. Take one paper plate and cut the inside circle out.
2. Measure the diameter. In the middle, at the 2.5″, mark an “x”. Around the outer edge measure 7 dots spaced out 2 & 3/16″. Using your ruler draw a line from the center to each mark made at the outer rim. This will give you 7 triangles.
3. Take the black sharpie and trace the lines you just made, and write in the day of the week in the triangles. I chose to do it in cyrillic, however you can do it in latin. Both are provided on the Vocabulary sheet.
4. With the other paper plate (working on the ridge part) mark 2.5″, 4 times along the inner circle. Mark the outer circle with 4 dots that are spaced about 3.5″ apart. As you did with the first paper plate, go to the flat center part of the plate and make the very center with an “x” at about 4 and 9/16 from ridged rim to ridged rim.
5. With ruler and sharpie, connect the inner dot to the outer dot. This will create 3 blocks to write in yesterday, today, and tomorrow. In the other open space write days of the week. Use the sharpie to trace the center circle, and the outer edge circle.
6. Color the chart to your liking.
7. Poke a whole through both “x”s marking the center. Insert the fastener through the smaller circle then through the larger one and secure on the back. It will now rotate.
(Optional) 8. You can attach magnets to the back to use on the refrigerator, filing cabinet, or any other metal surface.
8. Learn the days of the week.
I saw this project on Pinterest, in English, to teach children months and seasons. I adapted it for the Serbian language. It really is pretty cool. We put it on our refrigerator and my kids are always look at it. It is quite simple to make. My 4 year old and I did this together.
1 paper plate
construction paper (we used: white, yellow, red, green, brown, orange, pink)
hot glue gun
paper fastener that allows movement
This sheet for cyrillic and latin words Serbian months season day
1. Prep your trees for each season. Fall / Jesen: cut a brown trunk, orange tree top, and falling leaves in red, yellow, orange. I just cut small almond shapes. Winter / Zima: Cut a brown trunk with branches. With whole puncher, punch a few white wholes for the snow. Spring / Prolece: cut a brown truck and green tree top. Using which ever colors you prefer cut small flowers. Use the whole puncher to punch out circles for the center. Summer / Leto: Cut a brown trunk and green tree top. Punch out red circles for apples. (Note: you don’t have to use the construction paper. You can draw and color the trees on also).
2. Using which ever color construction paper you want, cut an arrow about 2″ long. On the arrow, use your marker to write godisna doba.
3. Divide the center of your paper plate into 4 quarters. Use the ruler for measurement and straight lines. Close in the center circle with your marker. On the outer plate with the ridges you will add the months. Divide those into 12 equal sections. See above photo for placement of lines, as some months fall into two seasons. Write in the months. Color as desired.
4. Use the glue stick to attach the trees to the corresponding season. Pull off a small portion of the cotton ball. Stretch out and fluff. Glue onto the winter / zima season for snow. See photo above for placement of trees. Write in the season.
5. Cut a semi-circle, in which ever color construction paper you choose, and write Mesec on it. Apply glue to the bottom front half of the paper and attach it to the back of the plate with the word in view.
6. Cut a small whole in the very center of the plate, where the 4 seasons lines come together. Put your godisna doba arrow over it and push the paper fastener through it.
7. Optional: (Magnets) Hot glue the magnets to the back, if you want to put it on your refrigerator like we did.