I am a bit late with this post. Izvini (Sorry).
Last food post I shared the recipe for palacinke, the Serbian pancake. Today I share some of my favorite ways to eat them.
Palacinke is like eggs and jeans. It goes with anything. You can stuff it with fruit, cream, meats, roasted veggies, fish, sugar and nuts… whatever you taste buds call for, AND you can eat it anytime of day.
Here are some of my favorites…
- A traditional way to enjoy palancinke is to sprinkle it with sugar, cinnamon, and drizzle a bit of lemon juice, then roll it up and viola.
- As soon as you flip the palacinke to cook the other side, melt your favorite cheese and add slice of ham. Roll up burrito style and enjoy with grapes. I use feta cheese as it is a Serbian favorite. It’s good with swiss too.
- Another traditional way, add chopped strawberries (optional- add cream) then, roll it up (drizzle with melted chocolate-my touch since I am a chocolate monster).
- I LOVE paŠteta – liver pate- so, I spread a bit over a warm palacinke, and…the best way to eat it… roll it up! Or fold it, which ever you prefer.
- Try it with ground nuts and honey.
- Stuff it with scrambled eggs, meat and veggies, roll it up, and top with gravy or melted cheese.
- An easy and classic way we ate it growing up, we just spread our favorite jam over it and ROLLED IT UP.
You see where I a going with this….All you need is this palacinke recipe and your mood food stuffer. Done. Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Dessert, Snack. Seriously, the best food ever. Just ROLL IT UP and eat.
It refrigerates well too. Just pop in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.
Catch some other Serbian dishes on my blog every month. Just follow my page and you’ll get e-mail notice to let you know when something new is happening. You can follow the Tongue Talk Serbia Facebook page too.